Wednesday 2 October 2013

Hello everyone! I've got a neighbour. I know most of us have neighbours but mine is a special, amazing one! He always helps us - while I am still in my pyjamas he is already holding my recycling boxes and then I can be sure that it's a Wednesday morning, which is also very helpful sometimes - especially if you're still not sure whether it's day or night yet. ..But my neighbour has much more benefits and one of them is such a pretty, big apple-tree in his garden.
And this year this lovely tree was so kind and gave my neighbour a lot of juicy, a bit sour, delicious fruits. A LOT!
 So I had a very nice door to door delivery... My son was very happy and said "Now I can be sure I will eat real organic food!" He is 9 years old and a bit crazy about healthy, not fat food,
I appreciate this madness  - such a good boy!
 So I made apple juice (twice), an apple cake (twice) and then apple pancakes (once)...
and I still had so many apples on board. And then I remembered my aunt's very simple but so clever idea, which she shared with me when we met the last time. And the apple mission or autumn puzzles, not sure how I should name it, started to be completed.
Voila... Here it is! A really yummy, very fresh, autumn apple roll-up cake.





So if you want to do the same, it's easy peasy. You'll just need:

1. One really nice neighbour with an apple-tree full of fruits
   (if not - shame, but you can try any fruit markets instead)
2. One door to door delivery (still works with the market)
3. One flat tin
4. Flour, eggs, sugar, which you should mix together until you'll get a soft, smooth mass (mixture/mousse), later named sponge
5. Grated apples.

Put grated apples on the bottom of the tin (line the tin with some baking paper before)
and place your sponge on top.
Bake it in 170C for around 35min. When it's still warm, not hot, turn it upside down and roll it up. Leave for cooling. Sprinkle with some powder sugar. All done!







Very kind regards for all the best neighbours in the world!


By the way there still are apples in my kitchen... My dear auntie, any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. Zawsze chciałam zrobić roladę ale się nie odważyłam...a jabłek na działce nasze(nie sąsiada ;) ) jest całe mnóstwo! Asieńko,następnym razem jak będziesz u mnie,to mi upieczesz,nieprawdaż? ;) Buzka! ps ślinka cieknie na te Twoje wypieki!

    ReplyDelete